Recovery from addiction is a process of change through which individuals improve their health and wellness, live a self-directed life, and strive to reach their full potential.
The Council offers the following services to support people in recovery:
- The Nick Irvine Recovery Room is available, located at our office at 190 High Street in Boston. We welcome anyone who would like to use our resource library, access the Internet, or sit in a supportive environment.
- Two weekly Gamblers Anonymous Meetings are held at our office. Learn more about self-help meetings
- An Annual Retreat, Your First Step to Change: A Gambling-Free Weekend, for people experiencing problems with gambling who are in crisis or early recovery and a support person.
- Recovery Advisory Board. The board is comprised of people recovering from gambling disorders and their family members. It meets 2-4 times a year to advise the Council on its recovery programs and plans.
- Support and Sponsorship of Events that support recovery, like the Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery‘s Recovery Day at the State House.
Additional Recovery Options
For more information about any of our Recovery Support Programs, please contact Intervention and Recovery Support Coordinator, Jodie Nealley.