Find a Self-Help Meeting
Self-help groups are available to support people experiencing gambling problems, as well as their loved ones. Everyone at the meetings has a story of their own to share. Nobody has to share anything unless they want to. People offer each other support on their recovery journeys.
Are you wondering if you should attend a Self-Help Group?
- Gamblers Anonymous (GA) and Bettors Anonymous (BA) are self-help meetings based on the same 12-step concept as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA)
- Gamblers Anonymous also offers a weekly phone meeting for those who would are unable or prefer not to meet in person. The phone meeting is held every Wednesday night from 9:00 – 10:30PM EST, just call 712-770-4160 and use access code 611704# to access the meeting.
- Smart Recovery offers face-to-face meetings, online meetings, and online self-help chat
- Gam-Anon is a support group specifically for families and loved ones of people experiencing problems with gambling
- In The Rooms offers and online support forum
- GamTalk offers support through an online form, chat and over the phone
There is NO COST to participate. You do not have to call ahead to attend meetings. You are welcome any time.